Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Featured on Explore


Featured on Explore
Originally uploaded by
Spiegelbild.

12:30 am of March 27, I went inside my Pumkin's bedroom to check if the girls are sleeping. They are about to... only after shutting down the PC.

But I told Pumkin that she can go to bed and I'll shut down the PC for her.

Then I thought of logging in to my Flickr account and check out the Explore. I was surprised to see my own photo featured at the Explore page. All smiles I was.

Instantly, I grab Pumkin's camera and made a screen shot before my photo disapperars on that page since photos being featured at the first page of Explore are done in random. I might not see my photo on this page next day so better I make a remembrance.

For some, it might be a simple thing. But I'm sure it's a goal among the members of Flickr to have their photos included on the Top 500 Photos of the Day which we call the Explore/Interestingness pool. Nobody knows how they choose the photos to be included in the pool. It is something like a mathematical formula combining views, comments and favorites.

So far, I have 12 of my photos in the Explore pool. Having photos in Explore signifies that people do appreciate the photos I make. Thus giving inspiration to do better because they are there to view, comment and make it their favorites.

I consider this an achievement as well. This photo sharing through Flickr is an exhibit by itself. I am happy to showcase my works as a creative expression and as a way to know me as a person and as a friend.

I went to bed at past 1:00 am. I'm pretty sure I wasn't dreaming when I saw my photo on the Explore page.

Because the following day, I was uploading the screenshot in my pc.

***smile***

No comments:

Post a Comment