Thursday, December 13, 2007

FPC: Bowling Tournament

Flickrs Photo Club's (FPC) year end get together was a blast! Can you imagine ... a bowling tournament ?! Whether you are a player or non-player, you have to go roll your ball down the lanes.

It was a merry Saturday night ( December 8) at the Playdium Bowling Lanes. Registration started at 6:00 PM with the ever industrious couple of FPC - Robert (rarerimages by shutterbugrer) & Abby Regala (Ladyshutter) sitting at the registration booth upon entrance. After registration, you get your FPC pin and the name tag for proper identification.

Dinner started at 7:00 PM. Perry (powerpee)has arranged a feast of Bulalo Soup, Playdium Chicken, Pancit, Salisbury Steak and Ice Cream for dessert.

Pat (Hocchuan) and Ed (Edcsk) were busy going around and making photos. While the others dine and drink to their hearts desire.

Then came the most awaited part: The bowling tournament.

There were 4 guest models (Given, Sharla, Nik and Mercedes) who arrived to play for each team. But then we needed 5.

Uh well, yours truly has to stand as the 5th model ha ha ha ha ha

Yes it sounded like a joke but that was for real.

They have no choice as we need to split the FPC members into 5 teams.

I ended up with Pat's team.

"Uh, poor team" I thought. They got an "in-house, old" model and on top, I never threw a bowling ball in my life. I don't know how much I can contribute to team. I felt embarrassed.

I'm not the only first timer there so Perry gave a brief pointers on how to play as well as the rules of the game.


My team members: hocchuan, kabukiph, rokbot, shutterglass and rei rana of arti entertainment.

At first, I don't really know how my rolling ball would go. But my team was really encouraging and supportive. After all, it's all about fun !

And that's exactly what we had. You hear all the cajoling, cheering, distractions and jokes.

I was surprised to see my team mates play! Boy they are all good ! And I feel so lucky to be with them. Ha ha ha.

Finally, awarding came. Siempre pa ---- CHAMPION kami!

And the "model" takes home the trophy! Woohoo !

Our year ender will not be complete without the raffle. We have our kind-hearted members who sponsored the prizes.

And here are the winners :

1. Canon 580/ Sigma DG 500 Sofen (mint haha) - Ian Ong

2. Original Border Set and Spreads DVD (unused) - Marvin Maning

3. 1gig flashdisk - bet609 / wilbert dela torre

4. 2nd gen Apple iPod Shuffle c/o iLink Digital Computers, Co. - Ten Paras

5. 1 Flickr PRO Account - From Bert671 - Kabukiph

6. 2 bottles of wine - Neiltot and Divemaster

7. 1 canon wallet size photo printer - Mike Serrano - Anne / Spiegelbild

8. Vigan Trip - c/o Robert - Lenard Po

9. Vigan Trip - c/o Abby - Lothariel

10. Gary Fong's Lightsphere - Shutterglass

11. Digital Keychain - Darwin Andres

I'm always lucky during FPC raffles. I always have one prize to take home every time. What's more, I always get what I wish for ! Swerte swerte lang talaga!

There was a pahabol shoot later in the evening when JoanneCurlah came with the sexy Brazilian models.

Year 2007 was a great year for FPC. We had the photo shoots, contests, tambayans and exhibit that has brought camaraderie and friendship among the members. This will also not be possible without our FPC Admins: Pat, Perry, Robert, Ed, Andrew, JE, Kuya Ron, Eric, Igor, Alex and Neil. Thank you for your unending efforts to bring together the FPC family.

And we look forward to our 2008 FPC activities !

More fun photos here.


No comments:

Post a Comment